Why?

To drive progress through Open Innovation.

All started during a cold winter in which everyone at home seemed to have sore throat. The eleventh time that my four year old came complaining I though how bad it was that Strepsils® lollies were not available. I decided that next morning I would write a letter to Mr or Ms Strepsils asking them to do a safe drug for children. The task proved too hard and time consuming. I finally thought that my effort would be lost, my letter would never achieve the right destination, and I gave up. However I kept longing for the lollies…

The idea of creating Ideaward started soon afterwards with two main objectives:

  1. Eliminating the communication gap between consumers and manufacturers. We wanted to create an environment where consumers could tell companies what they needed and be rewarded for that. Outsourcing was becoming a common practice so we thought: why not to outsource ideas? why not to outsource innovation? And why not to outsource it to the people who know better the products? Normal people like you and us who just uses them every day. No need for MBA, just common sense, an open mind and imagination…
  2. Our second objective was more idealistic. We wished to create a great company and demonstrate that a business could be profitable and grow whilst using a significant part of its energy to change the world for good. 80% of Ideaward is aimed to work as a normal corporation, the other 20% has been designed to work as a foundation. Our commitment is to invest 20% of our profit and our employees time in trying to generate (and if necessary implement) ideas that could help less privileged people living better.

There are different ways in which you can be part of Ideaward:

  • You can share your ideas with us. Ideas of any type, about any product or service, for commercial products or for altruistic missions.
  • You can become an Ideaward member. On top of finding new ideas, you can choose many other activities to help us; e.g. being part of our jury, helping us improving our web site, making Ideaward well known around you, participating in our altruistic activities… Contact us and we can discuss what suits you better.
  • You can work in Ideaward as part of our team. We are currently not recruiting, but we want to grow quickly and will soon need good, energetic and passionate people to join us. If you are interested send us your CV and we will contact you as soon as we have an available position that suits you.
We wish to create a great company and demonstrate that a business can be profitable and grow whilst using a significant part of its energy to change the world for good. 80% of Ideaward is aimed to work as a normal corporation, the other 20% has been designed to work as a foundation. Our commitment is to invest 20% of our profit and our employees time in trying to generate (and if necessary implement) ideas that could help less privileged people living better. Do you want to help us? We need energetic, good and passionate people willing to challenge things for good.