You should carefully read and accept these terms and conditions to be entitled to use Ideaward. If there is any term you do not agree with please refrain from using our site. If you have any doubt about this document please feel free to contact us.
References in these terms and conditions to “we”, “our” or “us” (including analogous terms) shall be references to Ideaward, a private limited company incorporated in England with company number 7494810. References to “you”, “your”, “Idea creators”, “Idea submitters” (or analogous terms) shall be references to users of this site who might post their ideas into Ideaward. “Sponsor” shall refer to any external company that is interested in your Idea. “Potential Sponsor” shall refer to any external company that we might approach to share your Idea with.
Ideaward collects ideas for two different and non excluding categories: Contests and the Bank of Ideas. Please visit www.ideaward.com/what to get more information about these two different modalities.
Ideas should meet the following conditions in order to enter into the Bank of Ideas:
1. Submission of ideas
To participate in competitions, ideas should meet the above conditions plus any other specific term stipulated in the contest brief.
Ideas must be submitted before the deadline to be eligible to win a prize:
- Bring Innovation: ideas need to bring something new into the market.
- Be Feasible: ideas need to be translated into practice.
- Have Impact: ideas need to bring benefits to the users, the more users that can be benefited the more appreciated the idea will be.
There is no limit to the number of ideas you can submit in any of the categories.
You are solely responsible for the content of your idea. By submitting an idea you agree that to the best of your knowledge you do not: (a) infringe any third party’s copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy, (b) violate any law, or (c) be libelous, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing.
- Ideas posted into the Ideaward Bank of Ideas are judged quarterly. Entries must be received before the following dates in order to be eligible for a prize:
- Q3 prize – deadline 30 September
- Q4 prize – deadline 31 December
- Each contest has an established deadline. Visit www.ideaward.com/competitions for information about our current active contests and their expiring dates.
To participate in a Contest or Bank of Ideas and potentially win a cash prize you must have created an Ideaward account. An account is automatically set up when you do your first Ideaward submission. Personal data such as name, residence and email address needs to be maintained accurate as we will use it to notify you any prize you might win.
You must be at least 18 years of age to participate in any Ideaward prize. If you are under the legal age of majority in your country of residence you need to ensure that one of your parents or legal guardians has read, understood and agreed to be legally bound by these Site Terms, and that such agreement constitutes acceptance of these Site Terms on behalf of you and themselves.
The Site is not available for use by individuals or organizations who cannot form legally binding contracts under applicable law. If you reside in a country that is prohibited by law, regulation, treaty or administrative act from entering into trade relations with European Union States or its citizens, you may not use this Site.
2. Selection process.
All reported ideas will be examined by Ideaward to ensure that they meet the selection criteria. Only Ideas that do meet the selection criteria will be accepted. We will contact you few days after idea submission to confirm your Idea status.
We might return high potential Ideas which do not meet our selection criteria for revision. In this case we will advise how the Idea should be amended to meet our assessment criteria. The return by us of an Idea for revision shall not constitute an acceptance of the Idea by us, but you shall be entitled to re-submit the Idea in accordance with these Terms and Conditions
Your idea may be significantly similar to an idea that has already been accepted by Ideaward. If this is the case we might not able to accept the idea. For reasons of confidentiality, you agree that we shall be under no obligation to advise you of any details relating to any Similar Idea whatsoever.
We are entitled in our sole discretion to reject any Idea that does not meet our assessment criteria. We shall not be required to give reasons for our rejection of any Idea and that you will not be entitled to query or challenge any such rejection.
Bank of Ideas
- All ideas accepted by Ideaward will enter in the Ideaward Prize. Prize winners will be selected on a quarterly basis as follows:
- Ideaward will do an initial classification of the ideas according to their innovation, impact and feasibility potential. The fifty top ideas in the rank will be passed to the Ideaward jury. Please visit www.ideaward.com/jury for information about our jury members.
- Each Ideaward jury member will review the selected ideas and do a pre-ranking.
- The Ideaward jury will afterwards meet to discuss the ideas and determine the winners. Ideaward shall not be required to explain why the Jury has not awarded specific ideas and you will not be entitled to query or challenge the Jury veredict.
- Ideaward will try to find a Sponsor for each accepted idea. If you have indicated in your form a preferred company we will approach it first, otherwise our team will identify potential Sponsors and contact them to get your idea evaluated and potentially implemented. We will do our best to provide the right exposure to your Idea, but it is the potential Sponsor sole decision to accept or reject an Idea. You will not be entitled to query or challenge any rejection by potential Sponsors.
- Ideaward will do an initial classification of the ideas according to their innovation, impact and feasibility. The fifty top ideas in the rank will be passed to the jury. Please visit www.ideaward.com/jury for information about our jury members.
- Each Ideaward jury member will review the selected ideas and do a pre-ranking.
- The Ideaward jury will afterwards meet to discuss the ideas and determine the winners.
Externally sponsored contests
- A panel of judges, comprising the Sponsor members, will determine, in their sole discretion, the winners in accordance to the conditions of the contest.
3. Prizes and Payment terms
The Bank of Ideas:
- The Bank of Ideas Ideaward prize will be granted three months after the quarterly competition closure. Ten prizes will be awarded each quarter: the winning idea will receive a 1.000£ prize, the other nine finalist ideas will obtain a 100£ price each.
- Ideaward will negotiate on your behalf a reward for your Idea in the case it becomes sponsored by an external company. The amount of this reward is open; it depends on the Sponsor and the idea. It is eventually the Sponsor solely decision to decide the reward amount. We shall not be required to give reasons for the amount of the reward decided by a Sponsor or by a lack of reward from any Sponsor to an Idea. You will not be entitled to query or challenge any such decision.
- Ideaward competition rewards and Sponsors rewards are not excluding.
The winners of a Contest or Ideaward Bank of Ideas Prize will receive a cheque or transfer via PayPal approximately two weeks after the award of the Prize.
Additional personal information such as postal address or PayPal account might be requested from the winners to deliver the earned award. It is the participant solely responsibility to ensure Ideaward has always his-her correct contact details. Ideaward will always try to contact the winner in the latest reported contact details, if they are not valid Ideaward will not be able to deliver the Prize to the winner.
Unless otherwise indicated, all prizes will be paid in GB Sterling.
The winner is the solely responsible of complying with the taxes regulations associated to his – her prize.
Ideaward reserves the right to declare a prize void if less than one hundred ideas meet the contest or Ideaward Prize conditions.
- Contest prizes will be awarded within approximately 30 days after the deadline of the contest.
- The amount of ideas rewarded and the amount of the award will depend on each contest and will be indicated in each contest terms and conditions.
4. Intellectual protection, confidentiality.
By posting an Idea into the Ideaward Bank of Ideas or the Ideaward Contests you give us permission to disclose the Idea to our Jury and major companies or organisations. Doing so you willingly accept sharing your Intellectual Property with them in exchange of a potential reward (please read carefully points 2 and 3 regarding our reward policy) and the opportunity to make your idea happen.
You acknowledge and agree that once you submit one Idea you grant to Ideaward and our Sponsors, the license to use, make, have made, market, copy, modify, lease, sell distribute and create derivative works from your Idea.
You agree that no Idea submitted by you shall constitute an unauthorized breach of any intellectual property rights of any third party.
These Site Terms and your use of the Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the English law. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Site Terms shall be filed only in the English courts.
Ideaward reserves the right to modify or amend these Conditions without notice at any time, and such modification will be effective upon posting by Ideaward on the Site. You agree to be bound by any changes to this Agreement when you use the Site after any such modification is posted.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the whole agreement between you and us. You acknowledge that, in agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you shall have no right or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made negligently or innocently) other than as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer. Ideaward has no control over, and is not responsible for the acts or omissions of Sponsors and potential Sponsors, or the quality or legality of the submitted ideas by Idea creators.
Ideaward shall not be liable to you for any damages or claims you suffer as a result of the use of this service.